Gladstone Bag - Rescued leather and genuine decommissioned London fire hose
The Fire & Hide Gladstone Bag is made from rescued leather, decommissioned fire-hose and reclaimed lining material. The Elvis & Kresse signature fire-hose is the perfect partner to the hand-woven leather, deployed in all vital areas: the base, the handles and the strap. Our Gladstone Bag is a great size for a trip away and has plenty of pockets to keep your essentials organised. Comfortable, practical and full of history even before you add your own experiences.
THE FIRE & HIDE COLLECTION
In 2005 we fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose. Determined to save it from landfill we took this lifesaving material home, gave it a second chance, and vowed to donate 50% of the profits to the Fire Fighters Charity. But fire-hose was just the beginning.
Every year, 800,000 tonnes of leather ends up on the cutting room floor. Our leather partners cherish their hides, but no matter how carefully they cut their patterns, there will always be small seemingly unusable offcuts. To rescue this leather we developed a unique modular approach. We hand weave these fragments into whole new hides then lovingly recraft them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Our commitment to rescuing British fire-hoses remains the same, the trim, handles and internal detailing of the Fire & Hide range are all made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose. And we continue to donate 50% of profits to charity.
Our Fire & Hide Collection represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions: H 25 x W 50 x D 28 cm
- Handle Drop: 15 cm
- Exterior: Combination of rescued leather and genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Lining: Reclaimed Burberry silk
- Shaped and padded adjustable shoulder strap in genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose with various leather colours
- Elegant, practical design
- Internal zip pocket
- Two internal poacher-style pockets
- Quick access external zip pocket
- Wipe-clean and water resistant fire-hose base
- Presented in a reclaimed silk dust bag
- Debossed Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges
- Repaired for life
- Free international delivery
- 50% of profits go to Charity